Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yet another portrait


Today was our first of two sessions with yet another model in portrait sculpture. After 2 hours of blocking in the head and neck (and double checking all my angles and proportions) I was just starting to be able to add features, and without any drawings to work from there was no way I was going to be able to do much between now and Wednesday's session. Well lucky for me, the afternoon Figure 1 class I sat in on was learning the planes of the face, and they had the same model! So I was able to do some pretty helpful drawings in case I get any spare time to work on it before class on Wednesday, which probably won't happen anyhow really.

I'll post pics of the actual sculpture later in the week.

1 comment:

Jillian LeNoble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.