Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Yay clay!

I thought I'd go ahead and take some better pics of the stuff I have done in my Portrait Sculpture class so far, while I had some decent afternoon lighting coming through the sliding door.

Here are a couple more shots of my work-in-progress maquette (due next Monday). Still has quite a bit of work left to do as well as some notes scribed into the surface to remind me to change things.


I think I captured my trademark pissed off look pretty well.


These heads were done from life, generally a 2-class session with the same model for a total of about 4 hours of total scupting time each (except for #3 which was one 2-hour session).


And finally my fillet head, which didn't quite get done. Cool skull though eh?


Tonight I'll be posting some of my drawings if I can get some decent lighting set up somewhere...

No comments: